Wednesday, August 15, 2007

I Dream


I dream of the day when I can walk down the street and see children studying in school instead of working forcibly in a factory.

I dream of the day when dowry is completely abolished. (Dowry is against the law but like I said... there's no one there to listen)

I dream of the day when garbage cans will have only the trash that people discard and not a baby (especially a girl baby).

I dream of the day when education is given more thought than cricket.

I dream of the day when illiteracy is wiped out from my country.

I dream of the day when HIV/AIDS is wiped out from my country.

I dream of the day when all villages in India will have electricity and running water.

I dream of the day when the India the freedom fighters had dreamed of becomes a reality.

I dream of the day when people say, "I'm proud to be Indian." and mean it.

To quote a line from the movie 'Rang De Basanti', "No country is perfect. You have to make it perfect."