Friday, July 20, 2007

OH MY GOD!

I was reading our weekly friday magazine today aptly named 'Friday' and I came across this article about a woman named Prudence Emma Staite. In her picture, she was standing next to what looked like a clay sculpture of the Burj Al Arab. Now I appreciate all forms of art and respect all artists so I started reading the article. By the time I finished my mouth had started to water. The reason... she's an artist that creates amazing works of art using the best thing nature and man created together... CHOCOLATE! And that Burj Al Arab was no clay... it was all chocolate! Unfortunately I wasn't aware that there was some event called ChocoLatte happening in Bur Juman or I would've gone there and kissed this woman's hands and offered to be her assistant for a low (negotiable) salary.

She is an amazing food artist who not only does sculptures but actually makes, wait for it... EDIBLE ROOMS! She's made one which had a working chocolate chandelier, a solid chocolate fire place with chocolate logs in it, chocolate vases, chocolate walls, lickable sugar wallpaper... she really brought the story of Hansel and Gretel to life. Imagine walking into a room like that and taking a bite of the mantelpiece or licking the nose on one of the portraits. Prudence can give Willy Wonka a run for his money.

To quote Prudence, "Chocolate should be respected like diamonds are: a pure luxury that is beautiful, amazing and gives you a truly pleasurble experience. Not something you can just eat then discard the wrapper." True... so true. Whenever I eat chocolate I don't chew down on it. I take a bite, swirl it around with my tongue, let it melt and then make it slide down my throat till I can actually feel it settling in my tummy. The after taste that lingers in my my mouth is sooo heavenly. I always find myself closing my eyes savoring it and then looking at the empty wrapper in my hand thinking "Oh yeah that was gooooood!".

Prudence Emma Staite has entered my 'People I want to meet before I die" list and I hope I can see her create those delicious creations someday. Check her out on http://www.foodisart.co.uk/foodisart.html In the meantime I'll be introducing myself like so, "Hello I'm Farah and I'm a Chocoholic."

1 comment:

sugarpeaches said...

Hello My name is Alesha..I came with Farah..it has taken me forever to walk up here..but i have a confession...I am Chocoholic...i have to eat a piece of Chocolate everyday or I wont servive lol..... thats cool and it looks soo good to eat :) *licks lips*